Saturday 24 September 2011

Twitter, away!

I've decided to shut down my Twitter account, which I'm sure will come as a heavy blow to my, uh, six followers (left).

I can't be arsed with it. I've barely even used the thing; my latest 'update' was November 29, last year. I didn't even realise I've actually had it since 2009. Wow. 

Sure, I could've updated more regularly, attracted a greater following. But if I want to share random thoughts in 140 characters or less, I'll post them on my Facebook page. Or here. I was only using it to advertise postings on Diary of an amateur vampirologist, anyway.

So, I guess, that 'latest' post will also be its last. Bon voyage, Twitter account! It's been a long time coming!

The sentimental side of me's a little sad to see it go, and, who knows, maybe I'll set up another one in future. After all, it'd be a need way to advise followers of new blog entries. But then I'd have to keep tabs on it, respond to comments, learn hash tags or whatever...meh. Can't be bothered. For now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a twitter and several of my friends as followers but I don't use the thing much either. Facebook is just easier and you can do more things anyway.

Anthony Hogg said...

Bingo. It's like an all-in-one. I guess if you wanna share random thoughts with random people, it's ok. But, as it stands, it's pointless for my purposes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...